Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April Fool Saint

The Church would never canonize Erasmus (I think they have one of their own--but not the Erasmus of "In Praise of Folly"). The Saint of the Day site lists Saint Hugh of Grenoble. Therefore I offer:


Prayer for April 1st, the Feast Day of Saint Hugh of Grenoble (1052-1182).


We turn to you, Saint Hugh
Please give us our due.
Don't let us turn blue
But stay our same hue,
Could you manage, too,
To give us a clue,
When sin's wages come due,
And we'll scramble anew,
Away from the few
Who are saved there with you.

Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.